Information for Performers
Thank you for bringing your work to ExAb Fest!
Here’s what you need to know about arriving:
Shows are divided into 55-minute blocks. Take a look at the Show Schedule if you are unsure which block you perform in and for information about location & parking.
- Call Time: We ask that performers arrive at the theater at least 30 minutes prior to their show block.
- Upon arrival, check-in at the Help Desk. They will direct you to the Green Room, provide you with updated information, suggest warm-up spots, etc.
- A Note about Call Times/Check-In: If your teacher or director has given you a different call time or meet-up protocol, please follow their directions.
- Run Order will generally reflect the schedule, but changes within blocks may happen to accommodate special circumstances.
- The stage manager will let you know when it’s time head back stage and get ready to perform.
- Tickets are required for all shows, but performers do NOT need to buy a ticket for the block they perform in.
- Watch other people’s shows! After your own performance, you can take a seat in the audience. Buy (or Volunteer for) an All Fest Pass and see as many blocks as you can!
What should you expect as a performer at ExAb Fest?
- Lively and appreciative audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
- The earlier Sunday shows are designed for younger audiences and will stick to G or PG content.
- Saturday’s show and later Sunday shows are primarily for older kids, teens, and adults. We don’t want you to dumb down your work or feel like you have to put on a “kids show.” Just get out there and share your talent with people who may not otherwise see live comedy.
What do we need from you?
thanks for asking….
- Really solid comedy performance that inspires and entertains.
- Talk to people!
- Take workshops.
- See other people’s shows.
- Take part in the jam.
- Relax and have a good time! It’s only comedy. The main thing is that we’re here together making stuff up and laughing at whatever happens.
Part of what makes this festival so great is the opportunity for young Improvisers to see quality live comedy AND spend time speaking with other youth and adult performers who’ve had different levels of experience.
So hang out! Introduce yourself to people. Come to the jams and the open mic. See shows! VOLUNTEER!