- Excused Absence Fest takes place Sunday, April 3 at the Fallout Theatre in Austin, Texas and online via Zoom.
- It is a public event that includes Improv, Stand Up, Sketch Performances & Workshops for performers and fans of all ages.
- Our first festival took place in 2015 at ColdTowne Theater and has grown into a yearly opportunity for comedy fans of all ages to see, learn and perform Improv, Sketch and Stand Up.
- The acts featured at the festival represent a broad range of ages, backgrounds and experience. Our youngest performer thus far was 2 and half. Our eldest, 76.
- Most shows have a G or PG rating. PG shows are best enjoyed by patrons ages 8 and up.
- Shows for young audiences (G rating) will be designated as such.
- A subset of shows for teens will be identified as such and will be allowed a wider range of topics. Though these shows may include more mature content, the expectation is that respect for fellow performers and audience members will be observed at all times. Performers who wish to participate in these blocks will be provided with additional information.
What happens at Excused Absence Fest?
ExAb Fest is a chance for comedy fans of all ages to see award winning youth and adult comics in an age appropriate setting. This marathon style event is organized in show blocks that feature youth acts opening for Austin’s most beloved improv troupes.
Audiences of All Ages will:
- Watch live comedy performed by professionals and newcomers.
- Perform your work for live audiences.
- Attend Social Events with peers interested in comedy.
Contact us at 512 809 0017 or at firstname.lastname@example.org