- Excused Absence Fest takes place February 13 – 15, 2021 at various venues in Austin, Texas and online via Zoom.
- It is a public event that includes Improv, Stand Up, Sketch Performances & Workshops for performers and fans of all ages.
- In 2020, our youngest performer was 2 and half. Our eldest, was 76.
- Most shows have a G or PG rating and are best enjoyed by patrons ages 6 and up.
- Shows for toddler & pre-school audiences will be marked as such.
- A subset of shows for teens will be identified as such and will be allowed a wider range of topics. Though these shows may include more mature content, the expectation is that respect for fellow performers and audience members will be observed at all times. Performers who wish to participate in these blocks will be provided with additional information.
What happens at Excused Absence Fest?
ExAb Fest is a chance for comedy fans of all ages to see award winning youth and adult comics in an age appropriate setting. This marathon style event is organized in show blocks that feature youth acts opening for Austin’s most beloved improv troupes. Workshops, an improv jam and social events round out the weekend.
Audiences of All Ages will:
- Watch live comedy performed by professionals and newcomers.
- Attend Workshops & Learn from experienced comics.
- Perform your work for live audiences.
- Attend Social Events with peers interested in comedy.
Contact us at 512 809 0017 or at email@example.com